Friday, September 19, 2008

The Drawing Class


As may be remembered a few weeks ago I returned to college and have been taking a drawing class. I love learning to draw but the class has been extremely physically taxing, making my entire body scream at times, but as I am wont to do I have soldiered on, and thus far only skipped a half a class. Posted below is a product of this learning experience. I have to draw myself using only inside lines... (not even sure what that means) ten times at least. Great way to get to love yourself.. looking deep and long at the image (while drawing of course) and at the same time keep saying, "I love you!"





xposted to LJ

5 comments:

Kim said...

Oh Rosie, you are a trooper! Good luck...and i don't know what "inside lines" are either! LOL Good luck!

joon said...

Ella, this is a fantastic drawing but it might be you 40 years from now, not today. You'll still be adorable so hang onto it for goodness sake.

I went back to college and had an art class that was, in short, devastating to me in so many ways I am still blocking it out. Anyway, we had a self portrait and mine apparently upset one young gal so much she insisted on doing one of me right then and there and in about 15 minutes. No kidding, maybe even less, she had done a beautiful drawing of me. I have both in my art storage folders and will show you some day. I think you'll like it. :) Keep it up, though. You have so many talents.

ox

joonie

slippingthroughtheworld said...

that's a fabulous drawing rose. x

Juliet said...

Hi,
I just discovered your site accidently. Your jewelry is awesome, your family is beautiful, and I just admire your creative spirit and love of nature...and reggae music too (my favorite)!!!You definitely seem to have a beautiful spirit for sure!!!

Rose said...

Thanks for all the great comments! Nice to meet you Irene and Juliet and good to see some familiar faces as well:)