Sunday, February 28, 2010

Leavin on a Jet Plane

Today getting ready to leave for a trip to Dallas, Tx.. must be at daughter's house by 7 a.m. in the morning and have nothing in the suitcase yet. 

Doing laundry so that I 'll have everything I might want to wear clean.

Last year we went to San Antonio which was beautiful and warm.  I am not expecting to find that in Dallas, but I will be visiting with my niece, Monica who lives in the area.

Monica teaches "Conscious Dance".. and also participate in kirtan so I am hoping to learn more about these two practices.

The snow remains on the ground here though only 36 miles to the south it is totally gone!  We've had sunshine and above freezing temps for the past few days, but no significant snow melt yet.  At least Dallas should not have snow on the ground!

I appreciate my daughter arranging this trip.  She has a meeting for work down there and since we seldom do anything, just the two of us, takes me with her for some time we can enjoy together.

Leaving the kittens with my hubs.  I'll miss then, but he has bonded so well with them that I know they are in good hands.  I appreciate that he will take care of things around here till I return.

I'll be taking my knitting with me, maybe start a new pair of socks since they are so portable.  Currently working on a hat for me with an intricate wide band, a hat for my grandson and finishing a pair of socks I started before Christmas.  Knitting plans include a sweater for me.. http://www.twistcollective.com/collection/index.php/component/content/article/60-winter-2008-patterns/141-gytha-by-jennifer-appleby
and a Fair Isle hat...http://www.twistcollective.com/collection/index.php/component/content/article/78-winter-2009-patterns/504-polar-chullo-by-mary-ann-stephens.  I absolutely love Fair Isle knitting!  Here's a hat I just finished:



And I guess I'd better start packing.. Love to ALL...

No comments: