Thursday, February 4, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
February 4, 2010...

Outside my window...
.it is cold, cloudy and gray.. expecting snow later tonight. Getting weary of winter and hanging onto the knowledge that Spring is not far away.
I am thinking...not much really, trying to keep down the noise in my head, wondering how this thing with my grandson will work out.
I am thankful for... being able to write some down and the friend who posted these questions that inspired me.  Thank you Deb.. you are appreciated!
I am learning... that setbacks are not the end of the world and that I am stronger than I think sometimes. Getting much better at realizing I deserve to be happy.
From the kitchen...for today meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans.. On Saturday family is coming and I am doing an Olive Garden day using copycat recipes for soup and salad.
I am wearing...black pants and red tank top.. still in my jammies.
I am creating... a knitted hat in a Fair Isle pattern, my first attempt at that kind of knitting, a couple pair of socks in the works and plugging along on my scarf.  Once again am working on the quilt I started in 1975.. I intend to finish it this time. 

I am going...to pick up Anah at school this afternoon.
I am reading...  The Help by Kathryn Stockett
I am hoping... that Dylan really does have a house to move into next week.
I am hearing...the fan on the stove, why is it so squeaky?
Around the house...cleaned really well first of the week, so letting it go today.  Measuring windows that need to be replaced and thinking about redoing hubs computer room.
One of my favorite things...my new knitting needles.
A few plans for the rest of the week: as mentioned above family dinner and Lainey's birthday party on Saturday.
From my picture journal:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a busy lady. Hope the party goes well.
I am sick of winter too. More snow on the way.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.adidasforum.com/adidas-grun-pack-kicksonfire-com/]Adidas Forum[/url]
Now here is a shoe-in for the list of the year's best gaming-related clothing : Adidas has brought back its ZX 5 hundred running shoe, and, since it originally comes from the '80s, the gaming inspired design and coloring is a no-brainer ... Right? The kicks won't be the coolest part of the deal, either ; they come packed with a combo bracelet/USB flashdrive containing ZX Runner, a computer game based primarily on ... The shoe itself.

GameCulture writes the game stars a character named'DJ Zed' who, according to Adidas, has 5 mins to'run, moon-walk, climb walls, avoid some dodgy-looking thugs, collect power-ups, and pull off loony rooftop-to-rooftop stunts' to get on-stage before his set starts. It's fittingly retro -- see for yourself in the video we've included after the breakdance.

More info
Adidas Forum