Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Reunion

I have not spoken to my daughter since last August.  Friday morning I received a call from her.  She was crying so hard she could barely talk.  She told me that her husband had hit her and that she needed to go to the ER and could I come pick up her children.  Quickly my husband and drove over to get the little ones.

The police were still there.  The house was a wreck.  My daughter had a huge black eye and bloody nose.  She left to go the hospital and the children came home with us.  Amazingly, the kiddos seemed to remember us! 

My daughter suffered an orbital floor fracture (bone beneath the eye) and two fractures in her nose.  I am grateful that she was not injured worse.  It seems that he hit her only one time.  He was arrested, though out on bond before she got home from the hospital.  She now has an ex parte against him.

All of them stayed with us until yesterday.  My other daughters and I helped her get the house back in order.  Her husband had trashed it out madly searching through everything in this insanity. 

She has been living in fear for the past year and staying away from all of her family because her husband was threatening to harm us all.  She has also been reunited with her oldest son, whom we have been caring for since the estrangement. 

Lots of emotions rolling around the whole family right now.  I am so pleased and happy to have her back, to have the children around again.  We are all hoping and praying that now finally she is done with this man and will put him out of her life as much as is possible.

Her return filled a hole in my heart that I had not realized was so big. 



xposted to LJ

2 comments:

Milena said...

Oh my goodness, your poor daughter. Thank goodness that she felt she could turn to you in her deepest crisis. I really hope that this is a positive turning point for her and your grandchildren. Wow, you are a strong lady! Sending you lots of love,
Milena

Blondi Blathers said...

I hope she will be safe from now on.