Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Daughter


Monday evening as I was sitting and knitting the phone rang and it was my daughter, Tracy. She was all choked up and managed to say I'm ok, but I've had an accident. She was driving home late. The roads were bad, the middle a snow storm really. And, she had swerved to miss a car that was broadside in the road and been hit in the rear by a semi. YES she is OK!

I talked to her until the HP arrived and then they took her in an ambulance to be checked out. I was not terribly fearful at this point as she was talking quite logically, not bleeding and seemed to be all right. X-rays confirmed that nothing horrible was wrong.

She had to spend the night in town since her husband could not get there in the storm. They live a ways out and he had no one to watch their daughter. I was stuck here 45 minutes away and could not help. But, her boss and a co worker were there to take good care of her.

Gosh am I ever appreciative of her safety. She spends a lot of time on the road and this is her first accident ever. We are so blessed!

2 comments:

Milena said...

Thank goodness she is ok Rose, I admire your positivity in such a stressful situation,sending you a hug x

Blondi Blathers said...

That's good news, then!