Friday, May 30, 2008

I Am Grateful


I am grateful for the return of my Muse and and this opportunity to introduce Iris, named for the goddess of the rainbow, created from yards of sterling silver wire, tiny 2mm swarvoski crystals, itty bitty pearls, a few Hill Tribe beads and my favorite 2.5 mm square sterling silver beads...

My Muse has been away for far too long to suit me, but she's back now stronger, more powerful..but I digress :) *imagine that* .... ;-)

Back to Iris.. for the Greeks she was a minor deity know also as Eris... She appears to have no Roman counterpart.. bless wikipedia which tells me:

n Greek mythology, Iris is the personification of the rainbow and messenger of the gods. As the sun unites Earth and heaven, Iris links the gods to humanity. She travels with the speed of wind from one end of the world to the other[1], and into the depths of the sea and the underworld.

And I'm also really grateful that I had enough confidence to list some ACEO's today..

I love days like this....

3 comments:

Zuda Gay Pease said...

Sometimes we have to have these down times to renew, learn and recharge and then boom let the fun begin!! Iris was worth waiting for!!! She is gorgeous!

Jean's Art said...

I am so glad you have Iris back! Happy creating!

Unknown said...

This is lovely!